A ready-to-drink, nutritionally complete, high calorie nutritional supplement shake.
- High in calories (300kcal) with 12g of protein and contains 28 vitamins and minerals.
- Can help you meet your daily nutritional needs when your usual diet is not enough.
- High in calories to help maintain your body weight when you are unwell or recovering from illness.
- Good source of protein to support maintenance of muscle mass.
- Available in 4 delicious flavours: vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and banana.
For use in the dietary management of
- Disease-related malnutrition.
- People with high energy requirements.
- People requiring a residue restricted diet.
- Not for parenteral use.
- Not suitable for people with galactosaemia.
- Not suitable for people with cow’s milk protein allergy.
- Not suitable for children under the age of 6 years.
Directions of use
- Shake well before use.
- Best served chilled.
- Usage to be determined by a healthcare professional.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Once opened, store in the refrigerator.
- Discard unused content after 24 hours.
Fortisip is a ready-to-drink 200ml nutrition supplement that is high in calories (300kcal) with 12g of protein and contains 28 vitamins and minerals per bottle. It can be used in addition to a healthy varied diet, which can assist with aiding recovery when unwell, improving body weight and quality of your life. Fortisip is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.
Fortisip is for use in the dietary management of people with disease-related malnutrition, people with high energy and protein requirements, and people requiring a residue restricted diet.
Fortisip is not suitable for people with galactosaemia and / or a cow’s milk protein allergy. It’s also not suitable for children under the age of 6 years.
Fortisip and Fortisip Compact Protein are both ready to drink nutritional supplements shakes. Fortisip is available in a 200ml bottle and provides 300 calories with 12grams of protein per bottle. Fortisip Compact Protein also contains 300 calories but contains more protein (18g) in a much smaller 125ml bottle. If you are struggling to drink larger volume and need more protein, Fortisip Compact Protein is the best solution for you.
Fortisip is high in calories (300kcal), is a good source of protein (12g) and contains 28 vitamins and minerals. The complete list of ingredients can be found on the Fortisip Product Fact Sheet.
Fortisip is low lactose (lactose <2g/100g).
Fortisip contains cows’ milk protein and soy; it doesn’t contain wheat, egg, nuts* or lupins.
Yes, Fortisip is halal certified.
Fortisip doesn’t contain any kosher forbidden ingredients.
Fortisip does not have any gluten containing ingredients.
There’s no preparation needed; it comes in a ready-to-drink 200ml bottle. Store in a cool, dry place and once opened, store in the refrigerator. Shake well before use and ensure you discard unused contents after 24 hours.
Fortisip is used for the dietary management of disease-related malnutrition (DRM). It is also used for people with high energy and protein requirements and/or people requiring a residue restricted diet.
Fortisip is available in 4 delicious flavours – vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and banana.
Fortisip can be purchased via calling our Customer Support Team on 1800 884 367 or from your local pharmacy.
Fortisip is presented in a ready-to-drink 200ml bottle. It’s best served chilled and always shake well before use. Your exact usage needs to be determined by a healthcare professional. There are recipes available to show you how Fortisip can be incorporated to create a delicious smoothie or snack. Always take as directed by your healthcare professional.
You should be able to take Fortisip with most medications. For any medication that specifies to be taken on an empty stomach, do not take these with Fortisip. Interactions between medications and food and drink may exist. If you are unsure or have questions, ask your prescribing doctor about whether Fortisip can be taken with your medication.
Oral nutritional supplements help you to meet your daily nutritional needs when your usual diet is not sufficient. They are available in a range of flavours and formats including:
- Milkshake style available in either 200ml bottle or a 125ml bottle, these ready-to-drink shakes are high in protein and energy. There are also options that are high in fibre and nutritionally complete.
- Juice style which is high in energy and available in a ready-to-drink 200ml bottle, providing an alternative for people who prefer fruit juice flavours or a change from a milkshake format.
- Dessert style high energy, high protein pudding style dessert that comes in 125g pots and can be enjoyed with a spoon.
When started early with a cancer diagnosis, an oral nutritional supplement can contribute to weight maintenance, which in turn supports continued cancer therapy and can provide better nutritional management outcomes.***Oral nutritional supplements are specially designed foods and drinks that can help you meet your daily nutritional needs when your usual diet is not enough, providing the extra energy, protein, vitamins and minerals needed.Taking an oral nutritional supplement in line with a healthcare professional’s advice can also help to reduce complications, reduce time in hospital and improve quality of life.***To learn more about the role of oral nutritional supplements in cancer, visit our Nutrition Corner.
While Fortisip is easy to drink and tastes great on its own, variety is critical to ensuring you keep taking it daily or as recommended by your healthcare professionals.Check out our recipes incorporating Fortisip in a variety of quick, simple and tasty dishes, helping to mix up the delicious taste of Fortisip.
Fortisip doesn’t cause constipation. If you are experiencing constipation, or are prone to being constipated, ask your healthcare professional about incorporating high fibre food options into your diet and if Fortisip Multi Fibre may be appropriate.This nutritionally complete formula has been developed to help meet your daily nutritional needs when your usual diet isn’t enough, and the added fibre helps to support regular bowel function.
Fortisip is designed to provide additional nutrients when nutrients from your diet are insufficient to meet your daily nutritional needs. Fortisip helps people who are underweight, through guidance of their healthcare professional.
Fortisip is not suitable for people with cow’s milk protein allergy. For advice on the best product for you from the Fortisip range, speak to your healthcare professional.
Each individual is different and has different nutritional needs depending on their health status. The recommendation for Fortisip is usually between 1 and 3 bottles a day, but this varies depending on an individual’s needs.It is also important to understand that oral nutritional supplements don’t work overnight – it takes time to rebuild your strength back. It can be anything from a few weeks to a few months, or more. It is important that you speak with your healthcare professional to understand how much you should take and the length of time suited to your individual needs.
The Fortisip range has a product specifically developed for people with diabetes called Diasip. A ready-to-drink, nutritionally complete, low glycaemic index nutritional supplement shake, Diasip supports better blood sugar control for people with impaired glucose tolerance.It is important that you speak to a healthcare professional, so they can make sure the supplement you choose is best for your individual needs.
For more information call the Nutricia Careline on 1800 438 500.
* Peanut (Arachis hypogaea), Almond (Amygdalus communis L.), Hazelnut (Corylus avellana), Walnut (Juglans regia), Cashew (Anacardium occidentale), Pecan nut (Carya illinoiesis (Wangenh.) K. Koch), Brazil nut (Bertholletia excelsa), Pistachio nut (Pistacia vera), Macadamia nut and Queensland nut (Macadamia ternifolia) and products thereof.
***Martin L Senesse P et al. J Clin Oncol 2015 Jan 1: 33(1):90-9.