- For the dietary management of infants from birth (0+ months) with cows’ milk allergy, multiple food protein allergy, eosinophilic oesophagitis and other indications where an amino acid-based formula is recommended.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 1800 889 480
|Flavour||Size||Code||Unit per carton|
A nutritionally complete, amino acid based, powdered infant formula for special dietary use.
- Nutritionally complete, suitable as a sole source of nutrition for infants under 1 year.
- Contains long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPs) (docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) & arachidonic acid (ARA)).
- Milk and soy protein free.
- Must be used under medical supervision after considering all feeding options, including breast feeding.
- For enteral use only, not for parenteral use.
- If using a tube feed, hang time should not exceed 4 hours.
- Suitable as a sole source of nutrition for infants under 1 year of age.
- Infants over 6 months should be offered food in addition to formula.
- Powdered infant formula is not sterile. Infant formula should be prepared immediately prior to feeding.
- Formula should be not be warmed for longer than 15 minutes prior to feeding.
- Do not boil formula and do not use a microwave oven to prepare or warm formula.
Direction of Use
- The quantity of feed should be determined by a clinician or dietitian only and is dependent on the age, body weight and medical condition of the patient.
- Each level scoop (4.5g) of Neocate® LCP requires 30ml of water to yield the recommended feed concentration (13.5% w/v).
- Follow the preparation instructions as stated on the can.
- Store unopened cans in a cool, dry place.
- Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place (not a refrigerator) and use within 4 weeks.
|Approx. age of baby||Approx. weight of baby (kg)||Level scoops of Neocate LCP||Cooled boiled water (ml)||Feeds in 24 hours|
|Birth||3.5||3||90||6 – 7|
|2 months||5.5||5||150||5 – 6|
|5 months||7.5||7||210||4 – 5|
|Average contents||Per 100g||Per 100ml*|
|Energy||2062 kJ||278 kJ|
|493 kcal||67 kcal|
|Protein Equivalent||13.3 g||1.8 g|
|Carbohydrates||52.5 g||7.1 g|
|Sugars||4.6 g||0.62 g|
|as Lactose||0 g||0 g|
|Total Fat||25.6 g||3.5 g|
|Saturates||10 g||1.3 g|
|Polyunsaturates||4.2 g||0.56 g|
|of which LA||3360 mg||453 mg|
|of which ALA||340 mg||45.6 mg|
|of which DHA||120 mg||16.6 mg|
|of which AA||120 mg||16.6 mg|
|Fibre||0 g||0 g|
|Sodium||217 mg||29.3 mg|
|9.4 mmol||1.27 mmol|
|Potassium||540 mg||72.9 mg|
|13.8 mmol||1.86 mmol|
|Calcium||571 mg||77.1 mg|
|Phosphorus||372 mg||50.2 mg|
|Magnesium||51.9 mg||7.01 mg|
|Chloride||392 mg||53.0 mg|
|Vitamin A||431 μg-RE||58.2 μg-RE|
|Vitamin D||11.8 μg||1.6 μg|
|Vitamin E||11 mg||1.48 mg|
|Vitamin K||44.5 μg||6 μg|
|Vitamin C||52.7 mg||7.11 mg|
|Thiamin||0.59 mg||0.08 mg|
|Riboflavin||0.59 mg||0.08 mg|
|Niacin||4.09 mg||0.55 mg|
|Vitamin B~6~||0.48 mg||0.06 mg|
|Folic acid||68.5 μg||9.24 μg|
|Vitamin B~12~||1.38 μg||0.19 μg|
|Biotin||19.2 μg||2.6 μg|
|Pantothenic Acid||3.05 mg||0.41 mg|
|Iron||7.4 mg||1.0 mg|
|Zinc||5.42 mg||0.73 mg|
|Manganese||49 μg||7 μg|
|Copper||420 μg||57 μg|
|Iodine||103 μg||14 μg|
|Molybdenum||11.3 μg||1.53 μg|
|Selenium||18.7 μg||2.53 μg|
|Chromium||10.8 μg||1.46 μg|
|Choline||137 mg||18.5 mg|
|Inositol||110 mg||14.9 mg|
|L-carnitine||9.85 mg||1.33 mg|
|Taurine||32 mg||4.32 mg|
|Nucleotides||17.2 mg||2.33 mg|
|*At the recommended concentration of 13.5% w/v Abbreviations: LA – Linoleic Acid ALA – Alpha Linoleic Acid DHA – Docosahexaenoic Acid AA – Arachidonic Acid|
Dried glucose syrup, refined vegetable Oils (high oleic sunflower oil, coconut oil, rapeseed oil, sunflower Oil), L-arginine L-aspartate, L-leucine, L-lysine acetate, L-glutamine, L-proline, emulsifier (E472c), L-valine, glycine, L-isoleucine, dipotassium hydrogen phosphate, L-threonine, L-phenylalanine, L-tyrosine, L-serine, L-histidine, L-alanine, calcium phosphate dibasic, tripotassiumcitrate, sodium chloride, calcium carbonate, choline bitartrate, L-cystine, calcium glycerophosphate, L-tryptophan, calcium citrate, magnesium chloride, oil from crypthecodinium cohnii, L-methionine, calcium phosphate tribasic, Oil from Mortierella alpina, magnesium L-aspartate, inositol, L-ascorbic acid, antioxidants (sunflower lecithin, ascorbylpalmitate), taurine, ferrous sulphate, zinc sulphate, L-carnitine, DL-alpha tocopherylacetate, uridine 5′-monophosphate sodium salt, cytidine-5’-monophosphate, nicotinamide, calcium D-pantothenate, inosine 5′-monophosphate sodium salt, adenosine-5’-monophosphate, guanosine 5′-monophosphate sodium salt, copper sulphate, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, retinyl acetate, potassium iodide manganese sulphate, pteroylmonoglutamicacid, phytomenadione, sodium selenite, chromium chloride, sodium molybdate, D-biotin, cholecalciferol, cyanocobalamin.
BREAST MILK IS BEST FOR BABIES: Professional advice should be followed before using an infant formula. Introducing partial bottle feeding could negatively affect breast feeding. Good maternal nutrition is important for breast feeding and reversing a decision not to breast feed may be difficult. Infant formula should be used as directed. Proper use of an infant formula is important to the health of the infant. Social and financial implications should be considered when selecting a method of feeding.
Infant Formula product for special dietary use to be used under medical supervision. This product is not suitable for general use.
FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS ONLY.