- For the dietary management of infants from birth (0+ months) with cows’ milk allergy, multiple food protein allergy, eosinophilic oesophagitis and other indications where an amino acid-based formula is recommended.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 1800 889 480
|Flavour||Size||Code||Unit per carton|
A nutritionally complete, amino acid based, powdered infant formula for special dietary use. Available on PBS.
- Nutritionally complete, suitable as a sole source of nutrition for infants under 1 year.
- Contains long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPs) (docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) & arachidonic acid (ARA)).
- Milk and soy protein free.
- Must be used under medical supervision after considering all feeding options, including breast feeding.
- For enteral use only, not for parenteral use.
- If using a tube feed, hang time should not exceed 4 hours.
- Suitable as a sole source of nutrition for infants under 1 year of age.
- Infants over 6 months should be offered food in addition to formula.
- Powdered infant formula is not sterile. Infant formula should be prepared immediately prior to feeding.
- Formula should be not be warmed for longer than 15 minutes prior to feeding.
- Do not boil formula and do not use a microwave oven to prepare or warm formula.
Direction of Use
- The quantity of feed should be determined by a clinician or dietitian only and is dependent on the age, body weight and medical condition of the patient.
- Each level scoop (4.5g) of Neocate® LCP requires 30ml of water to yield the recommended feed concentration (13.5% w/v).
- Follow the preparation instructions as stated on the can.
- Store unopened cans in a cool, dry place.
- Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place (not a refrigerator) and use within 4 weeks.
|Approx. age of baby||Approx. weight of baby (kg)||Level scoops of Neocate LCP||Cooled boiled water (ml)||Feeds in 24 hours|
|Birth||3.5||3||90||6 – 7|
|2 months||5.5||5||150||5 – 6|
|5 months||7.5||7||210||4 – 5|
|Average contents||Per 100g||Per 100ml*|
|Energy||2062 kJ||278 kJ|
|493 kcal||67 kcal|
|Protein Equivalent||13.3 g||1.8 g|
|Carbohydrates||52.5 g||7.1 g|
|Sugars||4.6 g||0.62 g|
|as Lactose||0 g||0 g|
|Total Fat||25.6 g||3.5 g|
|Saturates||10 g||1.3 g|
|Polyunsaturates||4.2 g||0.56 g|
|of which LA||3360 mg||453 mg|
|of which ALA||340 mg||45.6 mg|
|of which DHA||120 mg||16.6 mg|
|of which AA||120 mg||16.6 mg|
|Fibre||0 g||0 g|
|Sodium||217 mg||29.3 mg|
|9.4 mmol||1.27 mmol|
|Potassium||540 mg||72.9 mg|
|13.8 mmol||1.86 mmol|
|Calcium||571 mg||77.1 mg|
|Phosphorus||372 mg||50.2 mg|
|Magnesium||51.9 mg||7.01 mg|
|Chloride||392 mg||53.0 mg|
|Vitamin A||431 μg-RE||58.2 μg-RE|
|Vitamin D||11.8 μg||1.6 μg|
|Vitamin E||11 mg||1.48 mg|
|Vitamin K||44.5 μg||6 μg|
|Vitamin C||52.7 mg||7.11 mg|
|Thiamin||0.59 mg||0.08 mg|
|Riboflavin||0.59 mg||0.08 mg|
|Niacin||4.09 mg||0.55 mg|
|Vitamin B~6~||0.48 mg||0.06 mg|
|Folic acid||68.5 μg||9.24 μg|
|Vitamin B~12~||1.38 μg||0.19 μg|
|Biotin||19.2 μg||2.6 μg|
|Pantothenic Acid||3.05 mg||0.41 mg|
|Iron||7.4 mg||1.0 mg|
|Zinc||5.42 mg||0.73 mg|
|Manganese||49 μg||7 μg|
|Copper||420 μg||57 μg|
|Iodine||103 μg||14 μg|
|Molybdenum||11.3 μg||1.53 μg|
|Selenium||18.7 μg||2.53 μg|
|Chromium||10.8 μg||1.46 μg|
|Choline||137 mg||18.5 mg|
|Inositol||110 mg||14.9 mg|
|L-carnitine||9.85 mg||1.33 mg|
|Taurine||32 mg||4.32 mg|
|Nucleotides||17.2 mg||2.33 mg|
|*At the recommended concentration of 13.5% w/v Abbreviations: LA – Linoleic Acid ALA – Alpha Linoleic Acid DHA – Docosahexaenoic Acid AA – Arachidonic Acid|
Dried glucose syrup, refined vegetable Oils (high oleic sunflower oil, coconut oil, rapeseed oil, sunflower Oil), L-arginine L-aspartate, L-leucine, L-lysine acetate, L-glutamine, L-proline, emulsifier (E472c), L-valine, glycine, L-isoleucine, dipotassium hydrogen phosphate, L-threonine, L-phenylalanine, L-tyrosine, L-serine, L-histidine, L-alanine, calcium phosphate dibasic, tripotassiumcitrate, sodium chloride, calcium carbonate, choline bitartrate, L-cystine, calcium glycerophosphate, L-tryptophan, calcium citrate, magnesium chloride, oil from crypthecodinium cohnii, L-methionine, calcium phosphate tribasic, Oil from Mortierella alpina, magnesium L-aspartate, inositol, L-ascorbic acid, antioxidants (sunflower lecithin, ascorbylpalmitate), taurine, ferrous sulphate, zinc sulphate, L-carnitine, DL-alpha tocopherylacetate, uridine 5′-monophosphate sodium salt, cytidine-5’-monophosphate, nicotinamide, calcium D-pantothenate, inosine 5′-monophosphate sodium salt, adenosine-5’-monophosphate, guanosine 5′-monophosphate sodium salt, copper sulphate, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, retinyl acetate, potassium iodide manganese sulphate, pteroylmonoglutamicacid, phytomenadione, sodium selenite, chromium chloride, sodium molybdate, D-biotin, cholecalciferol, cyanocobalamin.