Neocate® Junior Unflavoured
- For the dietary management of children over 1 year of age with cows’ milk allergy, multiple food protein allergy, eosinophilic oesophagitis and other indications where an amino acid-based formula is recommended.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 1800 889 480
|Flavour||Size||Code||Unit per carton|
A nutritionally complete, amino acid based, powdered formula for children over 1 year of age. Available on PBS.
- Nutritionally complete, suitable as a sole source of nutrition.
- Contains 35% medium chain triglycerides (MCT).
- Milk and soy protein free.
- Unflavoured – great tasting amino acid formula*.
- Flexible concentration to meet different requirement.
*Data on file, May 2016 & January 2017
- For enteral use only, not for parenteral use.
- If using as a tube feed, hang time should not exceed 4 hours.
- Not suitable for infants under 1 year of age.
- Suitable as a sole source of nutrition or as a supplement to the diet for children over 1 year of age.
- Do not boil formula and do not use a microwave oven to prepare or warm formula.
Direction of Use
- The quantity of feed should be determined by a clinician or dietitian only and is dependent on the age, body weight and medical condition of the patient.
- Follow the preparation instructions as stated on the can.
- Neocate® Junior is best served chilled.
- Once reconstituted, refrigerate and consume within 24 hours. Shake or stir immediately before use.
- One level scoop provides 7.3g powder.
-Standard concentration: (1kcal/ml, 21.1%w/v): Add 1 level scoop (7.3g powder) of Neocate Junior to 30ml of warm or cool water to yield a final volume of 35ml.-Lower concentration: (0.69kcal/ml, 14.5%w/v): Add 2 scoops (14.6g powder) of Neocate Junior to 90ml of warm or cool water to yield a final volume of 100ml.-Higher concentration: (1.26kcal/ml, 26.5%w/v): Add 4 scoops (26.5g powder w/v): Add 4 scoops (29.2g powder) of Neocate Junior to 90ml of warm or cool water to yield a final volume of 110ml.
- Store unopened cans in a cool, dry place.
- Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place (not a refrigerator) and use within 4 weeks.
|Scoops||Water(ml)||Approximate total volume (ml)|
|Average contents||Per 100g||Per 100ml*|
|Energy||1992 kJ||420 kJ|
|475 kcal||100 kcal|
|Protein Equivalent||13.3 g||2.8 g|
|Carbohydrates||56 g||11.8 g|
|Sugars||5 g||1.1 g|
|as Lactose||0 g||0 g|
|Total Fat||22 g||4.6 g|
|Saturates||9.4 g||2 g|
|of which MCT||7.4 g||1.6 g|
|Monounsaturates||7.7 g||1.6 g|
|Polyunsaturates||4 g||0.84 g|
|of which LA||3608 mg||761 mg|
|of which ALA||358.7 mg||76 mg|
|Fibre||0 g||0 g|
|Sodium||285 mg||60.1 mg|
|12.4 mmol||2.6 mmol|
|Potassium||546 mg||115 mg|
|14 mmol||2.9 mmol|
|Calcium||428 mg||90.3 mg|
|Phosphorus||309 mg||65.2 mg|
|Magnesium||66.5 mg||14 mg|
|Chloride||437 mg||92.2 mg|
|Vitamin A||214 μg-RE||45.2 μg-RE|
|Vitamin D||6.2 μg||1.3 μg|
|Vitamin E||6.7 mg-α-T.E||1.4 mg-α-T.E|
|Vitamin K||19 μg||4 μg|
|Vitamin C||47.5 mg||10 mg|
|Thiamin||0.48 mg||0.1 mg|
|Riboflavin||0.95 mg||0.2 mg|
|Niacin||9 mg NE||1.9 mg NE|
|Vitamin B~6~||0.48 mg||0.1 mg|
|Folic acid||71.3 μg||15 μg|
|Vitamin B~12~||1.2 μg||0.25 μg|
|Biotin||14.3 μg||3 μg|
|Pantothenic Acid||1.9 mg||0.40 mg|
|Iron||5.7 mg||1.2 mg|
|Zinc||5.2 mg||1.1 mg|
|Manganese||290 μg||60 μg|
|Copper||480 μg||100 μg|
|Iodine||71.3 μg||15 μg|
|Molybdenum||21.4 μg||4.5 μg|
|Selenium||15.2 μg||3.2 μg|
|Chromium||7.6 μg||1.6 μg|
|Choline||95 mg||20 mg|
|Inositol||26.1 mg||5.5 mg|
|*At the recommended concentration of 21.1% w/v
MCT – Medium Chain Triglycerides
LA – Linoleic Acid
ALA – Alpha Linoleic Acid
Dried Glucose Syrup, Refined Vegetable Oil (Medium Chain Triglycerides (Palm Kernel and/or Coconut Oil), High Oleic Sunflower, Canola, Sunflower), L-Serine, L-Glutamine, Maltodextrin, Glycine, L-Alanine, Tripotassium Citrate, L-Leucine, L-Lysine Acetate, L-Threonine, L-Tyrosine, Calcium Phosphate Dibasic, Emulsifier (E472c), L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Proline, Trisodium Citrate, Magnesium Hydrogen Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, L-Cystine, L-Histidine, L-Phenylalanine, Calcium Chloride, L-Methionine, L-Arginine, Choline Bitartrate, L-Tryptophan, Tricalcium Citrate, L-Ascorbic Acid, Antioxidants (Sunflower Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate), Taurine, M-Inositol, Ferrous Sulphate, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulphate, DL-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Nicotinamide, Calcium D-Pantothenate, Copper Sulphate, Riboflavin, Manganese Sulphate, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Acetate, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Sodium Molybdate, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Phytomenadione, D-Biotin, Cholecalciferol, Cyanocobalamin.