- For the dietary management of infants from birth (0+ months) with cows’ milk allergy, multiple food protein allergy, eosinophilic oesophagitis and other indications where an amino acid-based formula is recommended.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 1800 889 480
|Flavour||Size||Code||Unit per carton|
A nutritionally complete, amino acid based, powdered infant formula for special dietary use, with medium chain triglycerides (MCT).
- Nutritionally complete, suitable as a sole source of nutrition.
- Contains long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPs) (docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) & arachidonic acid (ARA)).
- Contains 33% medium chain triglycerides (MCT).
- Milk and soy protein free.
- For enteral use only, not for parenteral use.
- If using a tube feed, hang time should not exceed 4 hours.
- Suitable as a sole source of nutrition for infants under 1 year of age.
- Powdered infant formula is not sterile. Infant formula should be prepared immediately prior to feeding.
- Formula should not be warmed for longer than 15 minutes prior to feeding.
- Do not boil formula and do not use a microwave oven to prepare or warm formula.
Direction of Use
- The quantity of feed should be determined by a clinician or dietitian only and is dependent on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of the patient.
- Each level scoop (4.6g) of Neocate® Gold requires 30ml of water to yield the recommended feed concentration (13.8% w/v).
- Follow the preparation instructions as stated on the can.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use by the date on bottom of the tin.
- After opening, keep container airtight and use contents within four weeks.
- Some settling of the powder may occur.
|Approx. Age of Baby||Approx Weight of Baby (kg)||Level scoops of powder*||Cooled boiled water (ml)||Feeds in 24 hours|
|Average contents||Per 100g||Per 100ml*|
|Energy||2020 kJ||279 kJ|
|483 kcal||67 kcal|
|Protein Equivalent||13.5 g||1.9 g|
|Carbohydrates||52 g||7.2 g|
|Sugars||4.6 g||0.63 g|
|as Lactose||0 g||0 g|
|Total Fat||24.5 g||3.4 g|
|Saturates||10.3 g||1.4 g|
|of which MCT||7.7 g||1.1 g|
|Monounsaturates||8.2 g||1.1 g|
|Polyunsaturates||4.8 g||0.66 g|
|of which LA||3565 mg||492 mg|
|of which ALA||357 mg||49.2 mg|
|of which DHA||81.6 mg||11.3 mg|
|of which AA||81.6 mg||11.3 mg|
|Sodium||189 mg||26.1 mg|
|8.2 mmol||1.1 mmol|
|Potassium||525 mg||72.5 mg|
|13.4 mmol||1.8 mmol|
|Calcium||561 mg||77.4 mg|
|Phosphorus||397 mg||54.8 mg|
|Magnesium||51 mg||7 mg|
|Chloride||386 mg||53.3 mg|
|Vitamin A||406 μg-RE||56 μg-RE|
|Vitamin D||8.8 μg||1.2 μg|
|Vitamin E||4.6 mg-α-T.E||0.63 mg-α-T.E|
|Vitamin K||42.5 μg||5.9 μg|
|Vitamin C||51.6 mg||7.1 mg|
|Thiamin||0.54 mg||0.07 mg|
|Riboflavin||0.54 mg||0.07 mg|
|Niacin||10.2 mg NE||1.4 mg NE|
|Vitamin B~6~||0.54 mg||0.07 mg|
|Folate||107 μg||14.7 μg|
|Vitamin B~12~||1.3 μg||0.18 μg|
|Biotin||19 μg||2.6 μg|
|Pantothenic Acid||2.9 mg||0.4 mg|
|Iron||7.3 mg||1.0 mg|
|Zinc||5.3 mg||0.73 mg|
|Manganese||200 μg||27.6 μg|
|Copper||410 μg||56.6 μg|
|Iodine||100 μg||13.8 μg|
|Molybdenum||11.3 μg||1.6 μg|
|Selenium||14.5 μg||2.0 μg|
|Chromium||10.6 μg||1.5 μg|
|Choline||95.4 mg||13.2 mg|
|Inositol||108 mg||14.9 mg|
|Nucleotides||23.32 mg||3.22 mg|
|*At the recommended concentration of 13.8% w/v
MCT – Medium Chain Triglycerides
LA – Linoleic Acid
ALA – Alpha Linoleic Acid
DHA – Docosahexaenoic Acid
AA – Arachidonic Acid
Dried glucose syrup, Refined Vegetable Oil (Medium Chain Triglycerides (Palm Kernel and/or Coconut Oil), High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Sunflower Oil, Canola Oil), L-Arginine L – Aspartate, L-Leucine, L-Lysine Acetate, L-Glutamine, L-Proline, Emulsifier (E472c), L-Valine, Glycine, L-Isoleucine, Dipotassium Phosphate, L-Threonine, L-Phenylalanine, L Tyrosine, L-Serine, Calcium Phosphate Dibasic, L-Histidine, L-Alanine, Sodium Chloride, Tripotassium Citrate, Tricalcium Phosphate, L-Cystine, Magnesium Chloride, L-Tryptophan, Calcium Carbonate, Tricalcium Citrate, Calcium Glycerophosphate, Choline Bitartrate, L-methionine, High Arachidonic Acid Single Cell Vegetable oil, Magnesium LAspartate, High Docosahexaenoic Acid Single Cell Vegetable Oil, , M- Inositol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Taurine, Ferrous Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, L-carnitine, Uridine 5’monophospate Disodium salt, Cytidine 5’ monophosphate, Nicotinamide, Inosine, 5’ monophosphate, Disodium Salt, Adenosine 5’ monophosphate, Calcium D- Pantothenate, Guanosine 5’ – monophosphate Disodium Salt, Antioxidants (E304i, E306, E307), DL-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Copper Sulphate, Thiamine hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Manganese Sulphate, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Chomium Chloride, Vitamin K1, Sodium Selenite, Sodium Molybdate, D-Biotin, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin.
Nucleotides: Cytidine – 5′ monophosphate, uridine – 5′ monophosphate, adenosine – 5′ monophosphate, inosine – 5′ monophosphate, guanosine – 5′ monophosphate.
BREAST MILK IS BEST FOR BABIES: Professional advice should be followed before using an infant formula. Introducing partial bottle feeding could negatively affect breast feeding. Good maternal nutrition is important for breast feeding and reversing a decision not to breast feed may be difficult. Infant formula should be used as directed. Proper use of an infant formula is important to the health of the infant. Social and financial implications should be considered when selecting a method of feeding.
Infant Formula product for special dietary use to be used under medical supervision. This product is not suitable for general use.
FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS ONLY.