Elemental 028 Extra Powder
Elemental 028 Extra Powder can be used in children from one year of age and adults as a sole source of nutrition or a supplement for the dietary management of conditions where there is severe impairment of the gastrointestinal tract such as:
- Crohn’s disease
- Short bowel syndrome
- Intractable malabsorption
- Bowel fistulae
- Radiation enteritis
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 1800 889 480
|Elemental 028 Extra Powder||52896||10x100g sachet|
A nutritionally complete powder based on amino acids for use in conditions where there is severe impairment of the GI tract.
- 0.89kcal/ml (20% w/v concentration).
- 2.5g protein equivalent per 100ml (20% w/v).
- Contains essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Individual 100g serve sachets.
- Unflavoured, flavouring may be added as required.
- Not suitable for use in infants under one year of age.
- Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition for children under 5 years of age.
- Not for parenteral use.
Direction of Use
- The quantity of feed should be determined by a clinician or dietitian only and is dependent on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of the patient.
- The recommended feed concentration is 20% w/v i.e. 100g powder made up to 500ml with water. A lower concentration may initially be required until recommended concentration is tolerated.
- Elemental 028 Extra is best served as a chilled drink and can be flavoured with appropriate flavourings.
- Once reconstituted, store in a refrigerator and use within 24 hours.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Once sachet is opened, store in an airtight container and use within 2-3 days.
- Unopened shelf life is 24 months.
|Average contents||Per 100g||Per 100ml*|
|Energy||443 kcal||89 kcal|
|1871 kJ||374 kJ|
|Protein equivalent||12.5 g||2.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||59 g||11.8 g|
|— Sugars||5.3 g||1.1 g|
|— as Lactose||nil g||nil g|
|Fat||17.5 g||3.5 g|
|— Saturates||6.7 g||1.3 g|
|— Monounsaturates||7.4 g||1.5 g|
|— Polyunsaturates||2.4 g||0.5 g|
|— % LCT||65 %|
|— % MCT||35 %|
|— ω6 / ω3 ratio||4:1|
|Fibre||nil added g||nil added g|
|Sodium||305 mg||61 mg|
|13.3 mmol||2.7 mmol|
|Potassium||466 mg||93.2 mg|
|11.9 mmol||2.4 mmol|
|Calcium||245 mg||49 mg|
|Phosphorus||200 mg||40 mg|
|Magnesium||81.6 mg||16.3 mg|
|Chloride||333 mg||66.6 mg|
|Vitamin A||330 ug-RE||66 ug-RE|
|Vitamin D||2.5 μg||0.5 μg|
|Vitamin E||6.1 mg-α-T.E||1.2 mg-α-T.E|
|Vitamin K||25 μg||5 μg|
|Vitamin C||28.3 mg||5.7 mg|
|Thiamin||0.6 mg||0.12 mg|
|Riboflavin||0.6 mg||0.12 mg|
|Niacin||9 mg NE||1.8 mg NE|
|Vitamin B~6~||0.8 mg||0.16 mg|
|Vitamin B~12~||1.7 μg||0.34 μg|
|Folic Acid||83.3 μg||16.7 μg|
|Pantothenic Acid||2 mg||0.4 mg|
|Biotin||18 μg||3.6 μg|
|Iron||4.2 mg||0.84 mg|
|Zinc||4.2 mg||0.84 mg|
|Manganese||0.6 mg||0.12 mg|
|Copper||400 μg||80 μg|
|Iodine||33.3 μg||6.7 μg|
|Molybdenum||33.3 μg||6.7 μg|
|Selenium||15 μg||3 μg|
|Chromium||15 μg||3 μg|
|Choline||91.6 mg||18.3 mg|
|Inositol||9.2 mg||1.8 mg|
|*When prepared at recommended concentration 20% w/v (i.e. 100g powder made up to 500ml with water)|
Dried glucose syrup, refined vegetable oil (medium chain triglycerides (palm kernel and/or coconut oil), canola oil, hybrid safflower oil), L-lysine Laspartate, L-glutamine, L leucine, L-phenylalanine, L-arginine, trisodium citrate, L-proline, calcium phosphate dibasic, L-valine, glycine, L-isoleucine, L-threonine, N-acetyl L-methionine, L-histidine, emulsifiers (E471, E472e), Lserine, tripotassium citrate, L-alanine, magnesium acetate, potassium chIoride, L-tryptophan, choline bitartrate, dipotassium hydrogen phosphate, L-tyrosine, sodium chloride, calcium chloride, L-cystine, taurine, L-ascorbic acid, stabiliser (E405), L carnitine, ferrous sulphate, zinc sulphate, DL-alpha tocopheryl acetate, M-inositol, nicotinamide, calcium Dpantothenate, manganese sulphate, copper sulphate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamin hydrochloride, riboflavin, vitamin A acetate, folic acid, sodium molybdate, chromium chloride, potassium iodide, sodium selenite, vitamin K1, D-biotin, vitamin D3, cyanocobalamin.