Aptamil® Profutura™ Follow-on formula
- Healthy infants from 6 months as a partial or complete breast milk substitute.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 1800 889 480
A premium follow-on formula suitable for healthy infants from 6 months, requiring a partial or complete breast milk substitute, as part of a mixed diet. For formula-fed infants, Aptamil Profutura helps build strong foundations for immunity, brain and metabolism.
Contraindications for use
Confirmed cows’ milk protein allergy, galactosaemia, lactose intolerance. Not for use for infants under 6 months.
Direction of Use
- Wash your hands before preparing the feed. Clean and then sterilise all utensils by boiling for 5 minutes or using an approved steriliser.
- Boil safe drinking water and allow to cool to feeding temperature. CONSULT FEEDING GUIDE. Measure the required volume of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
- Use only the enclosed scoop. Fill the scoop lightly and level off using the built-in leveler. Avoid compacting the powder.
- Always add one level scoop of powder for each 50mL of water. Cap the bottle and shake briskly to dissolve the powder.
- Test temperature on wrist before feeding. Feed immediately (do not store). Discard unfinished feeds.
Prepare each bottle separately. For all brands of formula, it is safer to use immediately after they are prepared.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use by the date on bottom of the container.
- After opening, keep container airtight and use contents within four weeks.
- Some settling of the powder may occur.
|Age||Cooled boiled water||Level scoops of powder*||Number of feeds per day|
|6 – 8 months||200ml||4||3 – 5|
|9 – 12 months||200ml||4||3 – 4|
*1 scoop = 7.5g of powder. NOTE: 1 scoop of powder added to 50mL of water yields approximately 55mL of formula. This feeding guide is a general guide ONLY; your child may need more or less than shown.
Allergen and Cultural Information
This product contains cows milk products, fish and soy.
|Average contents||Per 100mL|
|— Whey||60 %|
|— Casein||40 %|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|— Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)||14.0 mg|
|— Arachidonic Acid (ARA)||17.8 mg|
|Vitamin A||68 μg-RE|
|Vitamin D||1.2 μg|
|Vitamin E||2.1 mg|
|Vitamin K||5.9 μg|
|Thiamin (B~1~)||118 μg|
|Vitamin B~2~||213 μg|
|Vitamin B~6~||59 μg|
|Vitamin B~12~||0.31 μg|
|Niacin (B~3~)||0.60 mg|
|Pantothenic Acid (B~5~)||0.57 mg|
|Vitamin C||20 mg|
|ScGOS †||0.72 g|
|lcFOS ‡||0.08 g|
Milk solids, vegetable oils (emulsifier (soy lecithin), antioxidant (ascorbyl palmitate)), patented synbiotic blend* (short chain galacto-oligosaccharides (milk), long chain fructo-oligosaccharides, Bifidobacterium breve M-16V), dried omega LCPUFAs (fish oil, sodium caseinate (milk), antioxidant (sodium ascorbate, mixed tocopherols, ascorbyl palmitate, dl-alpha tocopherol), whey protein (milk), emulsifier (soy lecithin)), taurine, choline chloride, inositol, L- carnitine, lutein (antioxidant (sodium ascorbate)).
- Arslanoglu S et al. J Nutr 2007; 137:2420–2424. 2. Arslanoglu S et al. J Nutr 2008; 138:1091–1095. 3. Moro G et al. Arch Dis Child 2006; 91:814–819. 4. Arslanoglu S et al. J Biol Reg & Homeo Agents 2012; 26(3):49–59. 5. Taniuchi S et al. J Appl Res 2005; 5(2):387–396. 6. Martin R et al. Appl Environ Micro 2009; 965–969. 7. Innis S et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2009; 48:S16–S24. 8. Birch E et al. Am J Clin Nutr 2010; 91: 848–859. 9. Koletzko B et al. J Perinat Med 2008; 36:5–14.