Aptamil® Gold+ Reflux
- Suitable for infants with regurgitation or mild reflux as a partial or complete breast milk substitute.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 1800 889 480
Aptamil® Gold+ Reflux is a premium thickened infant formula suitable from birth for the dietary management of regurgitation or mild reflux in formula fed infants requiring a partial or complete breast milk substitute.
- Clinically shown to reduce infant regurgitation episodes by 78%1
- The only formula thickened with carob bean gum, a noncaloric thickener,† which resists digestion in the mouth & maintains thickness in the stomach2
- Now with Nutricia’s unique blend of prebiotic oligosaccharides (scGOS/lcFOS[9:1]) to support digestive comfort and promote softer, more regular stools3,4
- Nutritionally complete from birth to 6 months, or as part of a mixed diet from 6-12 months
- Now with long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPs) to support brain and eye development in early life3-5
Contraindications for use
Aptamil® Gold+ Reflux Infant Formula is not suitable for general use and should be used under medical supervision. Not to be used for infants with a diagnosed cows’ milk protein allergy.
Direction of Use
- Wash hands before preparing the feed. Clean and then sterilise all utensils by boiling for 5 minutes or using an approved steriliser.
- Boil safe drinking water and allow to cool to feeding temperature. CONSULT FEEDING GUIDE. Measure the required volume of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
- Use only the enclosed scoop. Fill the scoop lightly and level off using the built in leveler. Avoid compacting the powder.
- Always add 1 level scoop of powder for each 50mL of water. Cap the bottle and shake for 20 seconds. Leave to stand for up to 7 minutes to allow it to thicken.
- Test temperature on wrist before feeding. Feed immediately (do not store). Discard unfinished feeds.
Prepare each bottle separately. It is safer to use Aptamil Gold+ Reflux immediately after it is prepared. A fast flow or variable flow teat is recommended for this formula. The formula will continue to thicken after preparation and will remain thick in the stomach.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use by the date on bottom of the container.
- After opening, keep container airtight and use contents within four weeks.
- Some settling of the powder may occur.
|Age||Cooled boiled water (ml)||Level scoops of powder*||Number of feeds per day|
|Birth to 2 weeks||50mL||1||Up to 10|
|2 – 4 weeks||100mL||2||6 – 7|
|1 – 2 months||150mL||3||5 – 6|
|3 – 4 months||150mL||3||5 – 6|
|5 – 6 months||200mL||4||4 – 5|
|7 – 8 months||200mL||4||3 – 5|
|9 – 12 months||200mL||4||3 – 4|
*1 scoop = 7.6g of powder. NOTE: 1 scoop of powder added to 50mL of water yields approximately 33.3 mL of formula. This feeding guide is a general guide ONLY.
Allergen and Cultural Information
Contains: cows’ milk, fish and soy.
|Average contents||Per 100mL|
|— Whey||60 %|
|— Casein||40 %|
|Total Fat||3.4 g|
|Arachidonic Acid (AA)||16.5 mg|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)||11.3 mg|
|Vitamin A||75 ug-RE|
|Vitamin D||1.2 μg|
|Vitamin E||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin K||6.0 μg|
|Thiamin (B~1~)||96 μg|
|Vitamin B~2~||171 μg|
|Vitamin B~6~||59 μg|
|Vitamin B~12~||0.39 μg|
|Niacin (B~3~)||0.72 mg|
|Vitamin C||14.7 mg|
|Pantothenic Acid (B~5~)||0.63 mg|
|a LCPUFAs – Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acid
^ scGOS – short chain Galacto-oligosaccharides
^^IcFOS – long chain Fructo-oligosaccharides
Milk solids, vegetable oils (emulsifier (soy lecithin), antioxidant (ascorbyl palmitate)), thickener (carob bean gum), short chain galactooligosaccharides (milk), dried omega LCPUFAs (fish oil, sodium caseinate (milk), antioxidant (sodium ascorbate, natural tocopherols (soy), ascorbyl palmitate, di-alpha tocopherol), whey protein (milk), emulisifier (soy lecithin), long chain fructo-oligosaccharides, taurine, choline chloride, inositol, L-carnitine.
†Carob bean gum does not alter the energy distribution of infant formula.
- Wenzl TG et al. Pediatr 2003;111:E355-E359.
- Nutricia Research. Artificial digestion model.
- Moro G et al. Paediatric Gastroenterol Nutr 2002; 34:291-295.
- Costalos C et al. Early Hum Dev 2008; 84:45-49.
- Koletzko B et al. J Perinat Med 2008; 36:5–14.