Aptamil Gold+ Colic and Constipation
- Suitable for infants who are experiencing symptoms of colic or constipation, as a partial or complete breast milk substitute.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 1800 889 480
Aptamil® Gold+ Colic & Constipation is a partially hydrolysed formula that helps reduce the symptoms of colic and/or constipation.1-5 A nutritionally complete formula that contains a unique blend of ingredients designed specifically to relieve symptoms of colic and/or constipation in infants.
- prebiotic oligosaccharides – to increase beneficial bacteria in the gut and promote softer, more frequent stools.
- 100% partially hydrolysed whey protein – for easy digestion.
- β-palmitic acid – to reduce the risk of constipation.
- starch – to slightly thicken the formula.
- Reduced lactose* –to help ease discomfort in cases of lactose maldigestion.
- Nutritionally complete for formula-fed infants 0-6 months.
- Suitable as part of a mixed diet for infants 6-12 months.
Direction of Use
- Wash hands before preparing the feed. Clean and then sterilise all utensils by boiling for 5 minutes or using an approved steriliser.
- Boil safe drinking water and allow to cool to feeding temperature. CONSULT FEEDING GUIDE. Measure the required volume of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
- Use only the enclosed scoop. Fill the scoop lightly and level off using the built in leveler. Avoid compacting the powder.
- Always add 1 level scoop of powder for each 30mL of water. Cap the bottle and shake briskly to dissolve the powder.
- Test temperature on wrist before feeding. Feed immediately (do not store). Discard unfinished feeds.
Prepare each bottle separately. It is safer to use Aptamil Gold+ Colic & Constipation immediately after it is prepared.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use by the date on bottom of the container.
- After opening, keep container airtight and use contents within four weeks.
- Some settling of the powder may occur.
|Age||Cooled boiled water||Level scoops of powder*||Number of feeds per day|
|Birth to 2 weeks||60mL||2||Up to 8|
|2 – 4 weeks||90mL||3||7 – 8|
|1 – 2 months||120mL||4||6 – 7|
|3 – 4 months||150mL||5||5 – 6|
|5 – 6 months||180 mL||6||4 – 5|
|7 – 8 months||180 mL||6||3 – 5|
|9 – 12 months||180 mL||6||3 – 4|
*1 scoop = 4.6g of powder. NOTE: 1 scoop of powder added to 30mL of water yields approximately 33.3mL of formula. This feeding guide is a general guide ONLY.
Allergen and Cultural Information
Contains cows’ milk, fish and soy.
|Average contents||Per 100mL|
|Total Fat||3.4 g|
|Arachidonic Acid (AA)||11.2 mg|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)||6.4 mg|
|Vitamin A||50 μg-RE|
|Vitamin D||1.2 μg|
|Vitamin E||0.74 mg|
|Vitamin K||4.1 μg|
|Thiamin (B~1~)||52 μg|
|Vitamin B~2~||100 μg|
|Vitamin B~6~||42 μg|
|Vitamin B~12~||0.14 μg|
|Niacin (B~3~)||0.43 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.3 mg|
|Pantothenic Acid (B~5~)||0.36 mg|
|a. Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids
b. Short chain Galacto – Oligosaccharides
c. Long chain Fructo - Oligosaccharides
Hydrolysed whey protein concentrate (milk), vegetable oils (antioxidant (mixed tocopherols (soy), ascorbyl palmitate), emulsifier (soy lecithin)), glucose syrup, starch, galacto-oligosaccharides (milk), lactose (milk), maltodextrin, long chain fructo-oligosaccharides, omega LCPUFAs (fish oil, antioxidant (mixed tocopherols (soy),ascorbyl palmitate)), L-tyrosine, choline chloride, taurine, inositol, L-carnitine
- Schmelzle H et al. JPGN 2003;36:343-351.
- Savino F et al. Acta Pædiatrica 2005; 94(Suppl 449): 120–124.
- Savino F et al. Eur J Clin Nutr 2006;60:1304-1310.
- Savino F et al. Acta Paediatr Suppl 2003;91:86-90.
- Bongers MEJ et al. Nutr J 2007;6:8.
- Kanabar D et al. J Hum Nutr Diet 2001;14:359–363