Aptamil® AllerPro Syneo™ 2
- Suitable for infants from 6 months with confirmed mild to moderate cows’ milk and/or soy protein allergy (not anaphylaxis) as a partial of complete breast milk substitute as part of a mixed diet.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 1800 889 480
|Size||Code||Units per carton|
A premium extensively hydrolysed formula (eHF) for infants with confirmed mild to moderate cows’ milk and/or soy protein allergy, requiring a partial or complete breast milk substitute as part of a mixed diet. Available in pharmacy and selected supermarkets in Australia. Available on prescription in New Zealand, fully PHARMAC funded.
Cows’ milk allergy is a common condition that affects around 1 in 50 infants across Australia and New Zealand.1 Aptamil® AllerPro Syneo™ Follow-On formula reduces symptoms of cows’ milk allergy. 2 Aptamil® AllerPro Syneo™ is the only extensively hydrolysed formulation containing Nutricia’s patented blend of prebiotics and probiotics for the dietary management of cows’ milk allergy (not anaphylaxis).
- Tolerated by 97% of infants with confirmed cows’ milk allergy.3
- Reduces the symptoms of cows’ milk allergy.2
- A cows’ milk based extensively hydrolysed formula (eHF) is recommended for formula fed infants with cows’ milk allergy (not anaphylaxis).1,4
- Unique synbiotic blend of prebiotics and probiotics to promote a gut microbiota closer to that of a breast fed infant.5
- Prebiotics: 90% short chain galacto-oligosaccharides (scGOS): 10% Fructo-oligosaccharides (lcFOS).
- Probiotic: Bifidobacterium breve M-16V.
Contraindications for use
Aptamil® AllerPro Syneo™ is not suitable for general use and should be used under medical supervision. It is not suitable for infants with anaphylactic (severe) cows’ milk allergy.
Directions of Use
- Wash hands before preparing the feed. Clean and then sterilise all utensils by boiling for 5 minutes or using an approved steriliser.
- Boil safe drinking water and allow to cool to feeding temperature. CONSULT FEEDING GUIDE. Measure the required volume of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
- Use only the enclosed scoop. Fill the scoop lightly and level off using the built-in leveler. Avoid compacting the powder.
- Always add 1 level scoop of powder for each 30mL of water. Cap the bottle and shake briskly to dissolve the powder.
- Test temperature on wrist before feeding. Feed immediately (do not store). Discard unfinished feeds.
Prepare each bottle separately. It is safer to use Aptamil AllerPro Syneo Follow-On Formula immediately after it is prepared.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use by the date on bottom of the container.
- After opening, keep container airtight and use contents within four weeks.
- Some settling of the powder may occur.
|Age||Cooled boiled water||Level scoops of powder*||Number of feeds per day|
|6 – 9 months||240mL||8||3 – 5|
|9 – 12 months||240mL||8||3 – 4|
*1 scoop = 4.8g of powder. NOTE: 1 scoop of powder added to 30mL of water yields approximately 33.3 mL of formula. This feeding guide is a general guide ONLY.
Allergen and Cultural Information
Contains cows’ milk and fish.
|Average contents||Per 100mL|
|— Lactose||3.0 g|
|Total Fat||3.2 g|
|Arachidonic Acid (AA)||17.1 mg|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)||17.1 mg|
|Vitamin A||60 μg-RE|
|Vitamin D||1.7 μg|
|Vitamin E||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin K||4.5 μg|
|Thiamin (B~1~)||65 μg|
|Vitamin B~2~||143 μg|
|Vitamin B~6~||44 μg|
|Vitamin B~12~||0.16 μg|
|Niacin (B~3~)||0.51 mg|
|Vitamin C||8.5 mg|
|Pantothenic Acid (B~5~)||0.56 mg|
|Osmolality||295 mOsm/kg H2O|
|a Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids|
|^ short chain Galacto – Oligosaccharides|
|^^ long chain Fructo-Oligosaccharides|
Maltodextrin, whey protein hydrolysate (contains milk), vegetable oils (antioxidant (ascorbyl palmitate, citric acid)), galacto-oligosaccharides (contains milk), omega LCPUFAs (contains fish, antioxidant (mixed tocopherols, ascorbyl palmitate)), emulsifier (citric acid ester of mono- and diglycerides, sunflower lecithin), long chain fructo-oligosaccharides, choline chloride, L- tyrosine, inositol, taurine, Bifidobacterium breve M-16V, L-carnitine.
- ASCIA. Information for patients, consumers and carers. Cow’s milk (dairy) allergy. Available at https://www.allergy.org.au/patients/food-allergy/cows-milk-dairy-allergy Accessed Nov 2020.
- Verwimp JM et al. Eur J Clin Nutr 1995;49(1):S39–48.
- Giampietro PG et al. Pediatr Allergy Immnol 2001;12:83–6.
- Kemp AS et al. MJA 2008;188(2):109–112.
- van der Aa, et al. Clin Exp Allergy, 2010;40:795-804.