Aptamil® AllerPro Syneo™ 1
- Suitable for infants with confirmed mild to moderate cows’ milk and/or soy protein allergy as a partial or complete breast milk substitute.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 1800 889 480
|Size||Code||Units per carton|
A nutritionally complete, premium extensively hydrolysed formula (eHF) for infants with confirmed mild to moderate cows’ milk and/or soy protein allergy, requiring a partial or complete breast milk substitute. Available in pharmacy and selected supermarkets without a script in Australia. Available on prescription in New Zealand, NOW FULLY PHARMAC FUNDED.
Cows’ milk allergy is a common condition that affects around 1 in 50 infants across Australia and New Zealand.1 Aptamil® AllerPro Syneo™ is a nutritionally complete infant formula that reduces symptoms of cows’ milk allergy.2 Aptamil® AllerPro Syneo™ is the only extensively hydrolysed formula containing Nutricia’s patented blend of prebiotics and probiotics for the dietary management of cows’ milk allergy (not anaphylaxis).
Effective dietary management
- Tolerated by 97% of infants with confirmed cows‘ milk allergy.3
- Reduces the symptoms of cows‘ milk allergy.2
- A cows‘ milk based extensively hydrolysed formula (eHF) is recommended first line (not anaphylaxis).1,4*
Go beyond symptom relief
- Unique synbiotic blend of prebiotics and probiotics to promote a gut microbiota closer to that of a breast fed infant.6
- Prebiotics: 90% short chain galacto-oligosaccharides (sc GOS): 10% Fructo-oligosaccharides (lcFOS).
- Probiotic: Bifidobacterium breve M-16V.
Contraindications for use
Aptamil® AllerPro Syneo™ infant formula is not suitable for general use and should be used under medical supervision. It is not suitable for infants with anaphylactic (severe) cows’ milk allergy.
Direction of use
- Wash hands before preparing the feed. Clean and then sterilise all utensils by boling for 5 minutes or using an approved steriliser.
- Boil safe drinking water and allow to cool to feeding temperature. CONSULT FEEDING GUIDE. Measure the required volume of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
- Use only the enclosed scoop. Fill the scoop lightly and level off using the built-in leveler. Avoid compacting the powder.
- Always add 1 level scoop of powder for each 30mL of water. Cap the bottle and shake briskly to dissolve the powder.
- Test temperature on wrist before feeding. Feed immediately (do not store). Discard unfinished feeds.
Prepare each bottle separately. It is safer to use Aptamil® Allerpro Syneo™ Infant Formula immediately after it is prepared. Product is packed by weight, not volume. Some settling of the powder may occur during transport and distribution.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use by the date on bottom of the container.
- After opening, keep container airtight and use contents within four weeks.
- Some settling of the powder may occur.
|Age||Cooled boiled water||Level scoops of powder*||Number of feeds per day|
|Up to 2 weeks||60mL||2||7 – 8|
|2 weeks to 1 month||90mL||3||6 – 8|
|1 to 2 months||150mL||5||5 – 6|
|2 to 4 months||210mL||7||4|
|4 to 6 months||240mL||8||4|
|Over 6 months||240mL||8||3 – 5|
*1 scoop = 4.6g of powder. NOTE: 1 scoop of powder added to 30mL of water yields approximately 33.3 mL of formula. This feeding guide is a general guide ONLY.
Allergen and Cultural Information
Contains cows’ milk and fish.
|Average contents||Per 100ml|
|— Lactose||2.9 g|
|Total Fat||3.1 g|
|Arachidonic Acid (AA)||16.3 mg|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)||16.3 mg|
|Vitamin A||57 μg-RE|
|Vitamin D||1.6 μg|
|Vitamin E||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin K||4.3 μg|
|Thiamin (B~1~)||62 μg|
|Vitamin B~2~||137 μg|
|Vitamin B~6~||42 μg|
|Vitamin B~12~||0.16 μg|
|Niacin (B~3~)||0.48 mg|
|Vitamin C||8.2 mg|
|Pantothenic Acid (B~5~)||0.53 mg|
|a LCPUFAs - Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids ^ short chain Galacto –Oligosaccharides ^^ long chain FructoOligosaccharides|
Maltodextrin, whey protein hydrolysate (contains milk), vegetable oils (antioxidant (ascorbyl palmitate, citric acid)), galacto-oligosaccharides (contains milk), omega LCPUFAs (contains fish, antioxidant (mixed tocopherols, ascorbyl palmitate)), emulsifier (citric acid ester of mono and diglycerides, sunflower lecithin), long chain fructo-oligosaccharides, choline chloride, L-tyrosine, inositol, taurine, Bifidobacterium breve M-16V, L-carnitine.
- ASCIA. Information for patients, consumers and carers. Cow’s milk (dairy) allergy. Available at https://www.allergy.org.au/patients/food-allergy/cows-milk-dairy-allergy Accessed December 2019.
- Verwimp JM et al. Eur J Clin Nutr 1995;49(1):S39–48.
- Giampietro PG et al. Pediatr Allergy Immnol 2001;12:83–6.
- Kemp AS et al. MJA 2008;188(2):109–112.
- van der Aa, et al. Clin Exp Allergy, 2010;40:795-804.
*Below 6 months