Monogen can be recommended for use in infants as a sole source of nutrition or as a supplementary feed for children and adults for the dietary management of the following conditions:
- Hyperlipoproteinaemia type 1
- Long chain fatty acid oxidation disorders (LCFAODs)
- Chylous ascites
- Fat malabsorption
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 1800 889 480
|Size||Code||Units per carton|
Please contact the Nutricia Metabolic Key account manager
for your region.
A nutritionally complete, low fat, protein containing powdered feed, low in long chain triglycerides (LCT) and high in medium chain triglycerides (MCT), containing linoleic acid (LA) and alphalinolenic acid (ALA), and supplemented with docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and arachidonic acid (AA).
- Powdered infant formula is not sterile.
- Infant formula should be prepared immediately prior to feeding and any remaining formula should be discarded if not used within one hour.
- Formula should not be warmed for longer than 15 minutes prior to feeding.
- Do not boil formula and do not use a microwave oven to prepare or warm formula.
Direction of Use
The health of the infant depends on carefully following the directions for preparation and use. Incorrect preparation can make the baby ill.
- Wash hands thoroughly and clean the preparation area. Sterilise bottles and teats (if using).
- Boil fresh water for five minutes and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so that it feels warm to the wrist. Pour the required amount of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
- Fill the scoop provided with infant formula and level off with a clean dry knife. Do not press the powder into the scoop. Only use the scoop provided.
- Add the prescribed number of scoops of infant formula to the water. Replace cap on the bottle and shake until powder is dissolved. Before feeding, ensure that the formula is at the correct temperature by placing a few drops on the wrist.
- Formula remaining in the bottle after one hour of feeding should be discarded. Formula must not be rewarmed during feeding.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Always replace the container lid after use.
- Once opened, use within one month.