KetoCal 4:1 Powder
- For the dietary management of drug resistant epilepsy and other conditions where the ketogenic diet is indicated, e.g. disorders of carbohydrate metabolism, such as pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency and glucose transporter type-1 deficiency.
- Can be used to administer the classical long-chain triglyceride (LCT) ketogenic diet (4:1). Can be used to provide complete nutritional support or supplementary feeding from 1-10 years of age. May be used for supplementary feeding over the age of 10 years.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 1800 889 480
|Flavour||Size||Code||Units Per Carton|
Please contact the Nutricia Metabolic Key account manager
for your region.
A very high fat, low carbohydrate, nutritionally complete powdered feed. A 4:1 ratio of fat to carbohydrate and protein, with added long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPs), Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and Arachidonic Acid (AA) and fibre. Available in Unflavoured and Vanilla.
Direction of Use
- The standard dilution is 14.2% w/v i.e. 14.2g powder and 86ml of water to give a final volume of 100ml. It is recommended to prepare KetoCal with hot water (45-50°C) to ensure the powder completely dissolves.
- For oral feeding, KetoCal is best served chilled. For tube feeding, it is recommended that the feeding tube is flushed with warm water (approximately 37°C) between each feed. Keep prepared KetoCal in the refrigerator and use within 24 hours.
- Store can in a cool, dry place.
- Always replace the container lid after use.
- Once can is opened, use within one month.