Spooky Halloween Soup
Spooky Halloween Soup
It can be difficult meeting the nutritional needs of picky little eaters. This Halloween themed soup takes a family favourite and gives it a nutritional boost with the addition of AptaGrow, and finishes off with a fun spider web.
- Large sauce pan
- Large knife
- Chopping board
- Food processor, Thermomix or stick blender
- Halloween themed mugs or cups
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, roughly chopped
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 600 g pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 L stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 serve of AptaGrow powder per individual serving of soup (e.g. 6 level scoops of AptaGrow 1+)
- 6 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp milk
- Heat a large saucepan on medium heat and add oil, then onion and leek and cook for 3 minutes stirring regularly until soft and translucent.
- Add the apple, remaining vegetables and nutmeg and stir well.
- Add the stock and an extra 1 cup (250mL) of waterand bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and place on the lid and cook for around 30 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender. Turn off the heat, take off the lid and allow to cool slightly.
- In batches, add the soup to a food processor or Thermomix (make sure to take off the central spigot to release the steam and cover with a tea towel) or use a stick blender to blend until completely smooth.
- Allow to cool to lukewarm, then place an individual serving of soup (300mL) back into the processor and add the AptaGrow powder and mix together with a few quick pulses.
- Pour into your Halloween-themed mug or cup.
- Place yoghurt and milk into a small bowl and mix well. To make the spider web, use a spoon to drizzle 2 circles over soup, starting from the middle and then another larger one around that. Then using a skewer, makelines from the centre outwards to create a web.
- This recipe serves 6 and can be frozen in individual portions for later use. When ready to use, simply reheat and follow from step 5.
- You can use any AptaGrow product to make this recipe, just make sure you check the preparation instructions on your tin so you know how much powder to add per serving.
- AptaGrow is a Food for Special Medical Purposes. Use under medical supervision.
Nutrition information per servingIf using AptaGrow 1+
If using AptaGrow 3+
|6 scoops||7 scoops|
If using AptaGrow 6+
|7 scoops||8 scoops|