- Heparon Junior is designed to provide complete nutritional support or supplementary feeding for infants from birth, and young children, with acute and chronic liver failure.
Contact Nutricia Customer Care 1800 889 480
|Product||Presentation||Code||Units per carton|
|Heparon Junior||400g can||54021||6|
A nutritionally complete, powdered formula supplemented with branched chain amino acids (BCAA) and zinc, and a low sodium content, for infants and children with liver failure.
- 0.86kcal/ml (18% w/v concentration).
- 2g protein per 100ml (18% w/v concentration).
- Supplemented with BCAA and zinc.
- Contains cow’s milk protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Low sodium content (13mg/100ml).
- Infant formula is not sterile. Formula should be prepared immediately before use.
- Not for parenteral use.
- Not suitable for patients with galactosaemia.
- Professional advice should be followed before using an infant formula. Introducing partial bottle feeding could negatively affect breastfeeding. Good maternal nutrition is important for breastfeeding and reversing a decision not to breastfeed may be difficult. Infant formula should be used as directed. Proper use of an infant formula is important to the health of the infant. Social and financial implications such as preparation requirements and the cost of providing formula up to the age of 12 months should be considered when selecting a method of feeding.
Direction of Use
- The quantity of feed should be determined by a clinician or a dietitian only and is dependent on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of the patient.
- Follow the preparation instructions as stated on the can.
- Four level scoops (18g) of Heparon Junior requires 90ml of water to yield the recommended feed concentration (18% w/v). A lower concentration may initially be required until recommended concentration is tolerated.
- For tube feeding, the hang time should not exceed 4 hours.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Always replace the container lid after use.
- Once can is opened, use within one month.
- Unopened shelf life is 24 months.
|Average contents||Per 100g||Per 100ml*|
|Energy||480 kcal||86.4 kcal|
|2016 kJ||363 kJ|
|Protein||11.1 g||2 g|
|— BCAA||30 %|
|Carbohydrate||64.2 g||11.6 g|
|— Sugars||15.9 g||2.9 g|
|— as Lactose||6 g||1.08 g|
|Fat||19.9 g||3.6 g|
|— Saturates||11 g||2 g|
|— Monounsaturates||2.9 g||0.52 g|
|— Polyunsaturates||5.1 g||0.92 g|
|— % LCT||51 %|
|— % MCT||49 %|
|— ω6 / ω3 ratio||6.8:1|
|Fibre||nil added g||nil added g|
|Sodium||72 mg||13 mg|
|3.1 mmol||0.56 mmol|
|Potassium||420 mg||75.6 mg|
|10.8 mmol||1.9 mmol|
|Calcium||509 mg||91.6 mg|
|Phosphorus||277 mg||49.9 mg|
|Magnesium||39 mg||7 mg|
|Chloride||260 mg||46.8 mg|
|Vitamin A||567 μg-RE||102 μg-RE|
|Vitamin D||9.7 μg||1.7 μg|
|Vitamin E||10.7 mg-α-T.E||1.9 mg-α-T.E|
|Vitamin K||25 μg||4.5 μg|
|Vitamin C||58 mg||10.4 mg|
|Thiamin||0.32 mg||0.06 mg|
|Riboflavin||0.55 mg||0.1 mg|
|Niacin||7.5 mg NE||1.4 mg NE|
|Vitamin B~6~||0.96 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitamin B~12~||1.1 μg||0.2 μg|
|Folic Acid||55 μg||9.9 μg|
|Pantothenic Acid||2.4 mg||0.43 mg|
|Biotin||8.3 μg||1.5 μg|
|Iron||7.2 mg||1.3 mg|
|Zinc||7.2 mg||1.3 mg|
|Manganese||0.48 mg||0.09 mg|
|Copper||220 μg||39.6 μg|
|Iodine||55 μg||9.9 μg|
|Molybdenum||17.2 μg||3.1 μg|
|Selenium||13.2 μg||2.4 μg|
|Chromium||11.6 μg||2.1 μg|
|Choline||39 mg||7 mg|
|Inositol||24 mg||4.3 mg|
|*When prepared at recommended concentration 18% w/v (i.e. 18g powder made up to 100ml with water)|
Dried glucose syrup, skimmed milk powder (cow’s milk), MCT oil, refined vegetable oil (soya, canola), whey protein concentrate (cow’s milk), calcium caseinate (cow’s milk), calcium phosphate tribasic, L-leucine, L-valine, L-isoleucine, tripotassium citrate, calcium chloride, L-ascorbic acid, magnesium hydrogen phosphate, calcium carbonate, choline bitartrate, potassium chloride, potassium hydroxide, trisodium citrate, D-alpha tocopheryl polyethylene glycol 1000 succinate, taurine, M-inositol, L-cystine, ferrous sulphate, magnesium citrate, zinc sulphate, L-carnitine, nicotinamide, calcium-D-pantothenate, manganese sulphate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin A acetate, riboflavin, copper sulphate, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodide, folic acid, chromium chloride, vitamin K1, sodium molybdate, sodium selenite, vitamin D3, D-biotin, cyanocobalamin.