A nutritionally complete, amino acid-based, powdered infant formula with a unique blend of ingredients including scFOS* and IcFOS*.
Unflavoured (6x400g tins)
For the dietary management of infants from birth (0+ months) with cows’ milk allergy, multiple food protein allergy, eosinophilic oesophagitis and other indications where an amino acid based formula is recommended
- For enteral use only.
- Not for use in post-pyloric tube feeding.
- Suitable as a sole source of nutrition for infants under 1 year of age.
- Neocate SYNEO™ contains Bifidobacterium breve M-16V and is not suitable for use in premature infants or infants who are immunocompromised.
- Not recommended for infants with a central venous catheter or Short Bowel Syndrome without full consideration of all the risks and benefits by a healthcare professional and careful monitoring.
- Powdered infant formula is not sterile. Infant formula should be prepared immediately prior to feeding.
- Do not boil formula and do not use a microwave oven to prepare or warm formula as Bifidobacterium breve M-16V is sensitive to high temperature.
Directions for Use
- The quantity of feed should be determined by a clinician or dietitian only and is dependent on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of the patient.
- Each level scoop (4.9g) of Neocate SYNEO™ requires 30ml of water to yield the recommended feed concentration (14.7% w/v).
- Neocate SYNEO™ has different mixing instructions to other formulas. Follow preparation instructions as stated on the tin.
- Store unopened cans in a cool, dry place
- Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place (not a refrigerator) and use within 2 weeks
Amino Acid, Elemental, High MCT, Infant
Paediatric, Paediatric (0-24 Months)
|Average contents||Per 100g||Per 100ml*|
|Energy||464 kcal||68.2 kcal|
|1941 kJ||285 kJ|
|Protein Equivalent||13.0 (11%E) g||1.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||49 (42%E) g||7.2 g|
|— Sugars||4.6 g||0.68 g|
|— as Lactose||0 g||0 g|
|Fat||23 (45%E) g||3.4 g|
|— Saturates||9.7 g||1.4 g|
|— of which MCT||7.3 g||1.1 g|
|— Monounsaturates||7.8 g||1.1 g|
|— Polyunsaturates||4.5 g||0.66 g|
|— of which LA||3298 mg||485 mg|
|— of which ALA||330 mg||48.5 mg|
|— of which DHA||77 mg||11.3 mg|
|— of which AA||77 mg||11.3 mg|
|— ω6:ω3 ratio||9.1|
|Fibre||4.5 (2%E) g||0.66 g|
|— of which scFOS||4 g||0.59 g|
|— of which lcFOS||0.45 g||0.07 g|
|Sodium||181 mg||26.6 mg|
|7.9 mmol||1.2 mmol|
|Potassium||505 mg||74.2 mg|
|12.9 mmol||1.9 mmol|
|Calcium||538 mg||79.1 mg|
|Phosphorus||381 mg||56 mg|
|Magnesium||49.2 mg||7.2 mg|
|Chloride||370 mg||54.4 mg|
|Vitamin A||390 ug-RE||57.3 μg-RE|
|Vitamin D||8.4 μg||1.2 μg|
|Vitamin E||4.3 mg-α-T.E||0.63 mg-α-T.E|
|Vitamin K||40.8 μg||6 μg|
|Vitamin C||49.6 mg||7.3 mg|
|Thiamin||0.54 mg||0.08 mg|
|Riboflavin||0.54 mg||0.08 mg|
|Niacin||10 mg NE||1.5 mg NE|
|Vitamin B6||0.54 mg||0.08 mg|
|Folate||105 μg||15.4 μg|
|Vitamin B12||1.3 μg||0.19 μg|
|Biotin||18.1 μg||2.7 μg|
|Pantothenic Acid||2.8 mg||0.41 mg|
|Iron||6.9 mg||1 mg|
|Zinc||5.1 mg||0.75 mg|
|Manganese||190 μg||30 μg|
|Copper||390 μg||60 μg|
|Iodine||95.6 μg||14.1 μg|
|Molybdenum||10.7 μg||1.6 μg|
|Selenium||13.8 μg||2 μg|
|Chromium||10.1 μg||1.5 μg|
|Choline||91.9 mg||13.5 mg|
|Inositol||104 mg||15.3 mg|
|Nucleotides||23.3 mg||3.4 mg|
BREAST MILK IS BEST FOR BABIES.
Professional advice should be followed before using an infant formula. Introducing partial bottle feeding could negatively affect breastfeeding. Good maternal nutrition is important for breastfeeding and reversing a decision not to breastfeed may be difficult. Infant formula should be used as directed. Proper use of an infant formula is important to the health of the infant. Social and financial implications such as preparation requirements and the cost of providing formula up to the age of 12 months should be considered when selecting a method of feeding.